FCC, Dragados, Ferrovial, Sener, Saipem, Webuid and Astaldi participate in the different invited consortiums
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Metrolinx issued two Requests for Proposals (RFPs) in December 2020 for the Ontario Line metro project acquisition packages. Spanish and Italian companies that actively participate in the Canadian market are part of different teams that have been invited to bid on two contracts:
- The Ontario Line rolling stock, systems, operations and maintenance (RSSOM) package; and
- the Ontario Line southern civil, stations and tunnel (South) package.
Fort the Ontario Line RSSOM package IO and Metrolinx shortlisted three teams:
- Applicant Lead:Plenary Americas, Hitachi Rail STS SpA, Japan Infrastructure Initiative Co. Ltd., Webuild SpA, Transdev Canada.
- Design Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Webuild / Astaldi Canada Design & Construction, IBI Group Professional Services (Canada) Inc.
- Construction Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Webuild / Astaldi Canada.
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Transdev Canada.
- Operations Team: Hitachi Rail Canada, Transdev Canada.
- Financial Advisor: National Bank Financial Inc., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation.
- Applicant Leads: Aecon Concessions, Siemens Project Ventures, Keolis SA.
- Design Team: Siemens Mobility, Hatch Inc.
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management, Siemens Mobility.
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team: Siemens Mobility, Aecon O&M, Keolis Canada.
- Operations Team: Aecon O&M, Keolis Canada.
- Financial Advisor: Scotia Capital.
- Applicant Lead: John Laing, Alstom Transport Canada.
- Design Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Parsons.
- Construction Team: Alstom Transport Canada, FCC Construction Canada, Amico Infrastructures, Pomerleau Inc., Mass Electric Canada.
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation Team:Alstom Transport Canada, Deutsche Bahn International Operations, SMRT International.
- Operations Team: Alstom Transport Canada, Deutsche Bahn International Operations, SMRT International.
- Financial Advisor:HSBC Securities (Canada).
For the Ontario Line South package, the agencies prequalified three teams are:
Community Transit Link
- Applicant Lead: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., STRABAG Inc.
- Design Team: Arup Canada Inc., Hatch Ltd.
- Financial Advisor: ACS Infrastructure Canada Inc., Aecon Concessions, National Bank Financial Inc.
- Construction Team: Aecon Infrastructure Management Inc., Dragados Canada Inc., STRABAG Inc.
- Applicant Leads: Webuild S.p.A., Astaldi Canada Enterprises Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Saipem S.p.A.
- Design Team: IBI Group Professional Services Canada Inc., Arcadis Canada Inc.
- Construction Team: Webuild S.p.A., Astaldi Canada Design & Construction Inc., Amico Infrastructures Inc., Saipem S.p.A.
Ontario Transit Group
- Applicant Lead: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., VINCIConstruction Grands Projets.
- Design Team: AECOM Canada Ltd., COWI North America Ltd., GHD Limited, SENER Group.
- Construction Team: Ferrovial Construction Canada Inc., Janin Atlas Inc.
- Financial Advisor: HSBC.
The invited teams have the relevant experience and capacity to deliver each project, which is why they were invited to submit proposals. Proposals will be received in mid-2021, so IO and Metrolinx expect to award these contracts in 2022.
The first two contracts include:
- A design - build - finance - operate - maintain contract for the entire Ontario Line for a 30-year term.
- Rolling stock: design, supply, operate and maintain the vehicles (trains);
- Systems: design, build, operate and maintain all track, communications (for example: network, Wi-Fi, close-circuit television [CCTV], passenger information) and train-control systems for the Ontario Line;
- Design, build, operate and maintain an operations, maintenance and storage facility, an operations control centre and the back-up operations control centre.
- A design - build - finance contract for the southern portion of the Ontario Line, from Exhibition Place / Ontario Place to the Don Yard portal (west of the Don River).
- Civil: ground works to build the tunnels and stations; utility and conduit works to prepare for the RSSOM mechanical and electrical systems; guideway structures and facilities to prepare for the track structure that the RSSOM contractor will install.
- an above-ground station integrating with GO Transit’s Exhibition GO Station;
- two underground stations integrating with the TTC’s Osgoode and Queen subway stations; and
- four new underground stations (King / Bathurst, Queen / Spadina, Moss Park, Corktown).
- Tunnel: a six-kilometre tunnel and all associated tunnelling works from Exhibition to the Don Yard portal (west of Don River).
Deltana Engineering has collaborated in different projects led by the majority of participating Spanish and Italian companies, so we look carefully at the possibilities of supporting these important projects, contributing our experience in the preparation of Bill of Quantities, from the tender phase as quantity surveyors , the elaboration, complementation and updating of BIM models, elaboration of executive plans (shop drawings) detailed of reinforcing steel (Bar bending Schedule, BBS), and support to the technical works office in different complementary tasks.
It is worth highlighting the extensive trajectory of Deltana Engineering in projects of this type around the world such as collaborations in the Madrid Metro, Paris Metro, Stockholm Metro, Quito Metro, Sao Paulo Metro, Santiago de Chile Metro, Lima Metro, Riyadh Metro, Doha Metro, and in bidding processes in light rail systems in Canada such as the Confederation Line West LRT and the Edmonton LRT
We wish our clients the greatest success in these processes and look forward to collaborating